To read the other posts in this series:
Check in time!
My favorites from the FBG Challenge for this period:
- I had a couple of days I loved this week. One was Dancing with my bad self for the past two Saturdays! One of the reasons I love these challenges is that the way these ladies phrase things on the calendar almost always makes me smile, and these days were a perfect example of that! I have a YouTube playlist of the videos I use for their challenges, so you can check out my favorite dance workouts there.
- Another one I loved was unplugging for two hours. I shut my phone, my computer, AND my AppleTV off (if I’m not on my phone or computer, it’s usually because I’m Netflixing. I have it on in the background while I’m cleaning or studying or have it on to work out with – like with the dance workouts. So turning the TV off was a big. Damn. Deal.). I have to say, I found it refreshing! I sat and read for a few hours (I actually ended up going past the assigned two). I read all the time, but this semester has been kicking my but for a while, so I haven’t read for pleasure much recently. I had a nice, lazy day, though, drinking tea and reading Mindy Kaling’s new memoir, Why Not Me. Oh, Mindy. Your books make me feel like we’re BFFs. I love you.
- Next week, I’m really looking forward to making my own “foodie facial” and doing the “Be Booty-full” workout, haha!
- I was supposed to bike 5 days this week. I did 3 – which I think is pretty good. If it sounds like I’m making excuses, please bear in mind that 3 days of cardio this week is 1 more than I have been doing lately, so I’m pretty happy with that.
- I got accidentally gluten-ed at Steak’n’Shake this weekend (we in a fight, as Jen Lancaster would say), so I was pretty sick for a few days. Guys, if you are GF, please double check everything you order at Steak’n’Shake. Because they will tell you that yes, your S’mores Shake can absolutely be made without the graham crackers, because you have told them twice that you cannot eat gluten and specified what gluten is, and then they will bring you a shake without graham crackers sprinkled on top, while your friend’s shake does have them sprinkled on top, so you will think you are safe. Then, when you have been guzzling it down for half the ride home, you will suddenly get a mouthful of graham crackers that were apparently ON THE BOTTOM of the shake, and you will proceed to spend the next 2-3 days alternately sleeping, popping Tylenol, and crying in the bathroom.
- At least that’s been my experience.
- I realize this has nothing to do with biking directly. But indirectly, I think the implications are clear.
- Done! I spent a few hours online looking up weight lifting routines, and then downloaded the app Lifter, which is pretty nifty. It lets you input a routine and then keep track of every time you do it, what size weight you used, and how many reps you completed. Since the last time I worked out with weights was with a trainer, who designed the routines and kept track of all that stuff, this is incredibly helpful to me.
- I also gave all my routines really dorky names like “Heroine” and “Shred It” and “Sun’s Out? Guns Out!”
- Don’t judge me.
- I kept with my pre-planned meals for every breakfast and lunch this week. I didn’t plan out dinners because I usually eat with my family, and we tend to fly by the seat of our pants for dinner.
- My favorite breakfast this week:
3 slices low sodium bacon
slice of whole grain toast with jam
8 oz milk, heated, with hot chocolate mix
half a cup of orange juice
half a cup of fruit (I went with half a banana)
- So I’m pretty happy, food-wise this week!
What have you been doing this week? Do you give your workouts dorky names?